This article gives a run-down on the steps of becoming a member of the staff and potentially becoming an admin of the GetBackers wiki. You can see the list of GetBackers staff members here: Administration
Moderators and Admins need to note that being inactive for over 30 days, without giving any notice of a hiatus, will result in their Moderator/Admin privileges being revoked.
How to Become a Moderator
Moderators are trusted members on the wiki who understand and follow the Rules & Guidelines on the wiki and help to enforce them. There are three kinds of moderators.
To become a Content Moderator, you need to have a Bureaucrat assign you, but to become a Discussions or Chat Moderator, you need to have at least an Admin assign you.
All Admins begin as Moderators. The steps to become a Moderator are as follows:
- You must follow the Rules & Guidelines.
- You need to actively contribute to the wiki. While it's not required to contribute everyday, it's preferred for you to be a regular visitor of the wiki and tend to any issues there may be, whether it's adding information to an article or making any needed adjustments to other user's contributions. To become apart of the staff, you need to be willing to contribute your time to the wiki.
- One must act in a professional manner.
Content Moderators are users who have access to additional features to maintain the wiki:
- Deleting and moving protected pages
- Deleting and moving files
- Undeleting pages and files
- Re-upload files
- Protecting and unprotecting pages
Discussions Moderators are users who have additional features available to manage conversations/topics in the wiki's forum:
- Removing and restoring threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads
- Manage Forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Moderating chat
- Deleting blog comments
- Editing and deleting article comments
Chat moderators are users who have chat moderator status in chat so they can moderate the wiki's chat room. They can block users from chat, which will kick a user out of the chat and ban them from returning until a chat moderator or an admin unbans them from the users' contributions page, or if the ban expires.
How to Become an Admin
Administrators (Admins) are trusted users who are granted special privileges by a Bureaucrat.
Moderators who have dedicated themselves to the wiki and follow the wiki's Rules & Guidelines to the utmost of their abilities and actively assist the other users can potentially be granted adminship.
- All privileges from the Discussions Moderator and Content Moderator groups.
- Block users who are vandalizing the wiki from editing and other actions.
- Grant and revoke both the Chat Moderator and Discussion Moderator rights.
- Edit the community's skin and format.